This is a practical hands on workshop, where you will be able to harvest flowers and foliage from the gardens and flower farm at Nourish Gardens under the guidance of owner Christy. Kerin Greville from The Floraliste will demonstrate a variety of tips and techniques for arranging flowers, then you will be able to practice what you have learnt. At the end of the workshop you will be able to take home your own beautifully styled arrangements.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Suitable garden plants for arrangements
- Harvesting and post-harvest tips to keep flowers fresher for longer
- How to design bouquets arrangements for gifting and for the home
- Tips and techniques for creating different styles, with a focus on natural methods
- Tips and techniques for photographing your arrangements
DATE & TIME:
Saturday 9 January: 10am – 1pm
Nourish Gardens at Owhanake Bay Estate
Waiheke Island, NZ
Kerin Greville: The Floraliste
Christy: Nourish Gardens
Christy is a teacher and gardener and loves to combine these two passions. Christy owns a flower farm as part of Nourish Gardens located in the beautiful Owhanake Bay on Waiheke Island that specialises in unique sustainably grown flowers
$135 per person. This includes tuition, and all flowers and foliage which you will use to create your own arrangements to take home, and a delicious morning tea by Waiheke’s own Little Tart Bakery.
Please note: Before you enrol in a workshop or event, please make sure you are comfortable with, and agree with, our cancellation policy. It has been updated due to Covid-19.