DATE & TIME (2021):
Monday 8 March 9am
Wednesday 10 March 3pm
Nourish Gardens at Owhanake Bay Estate
Waiheke Island, NZ
The following will be covered in this intensive course. Please note Nourish Gardens specialises in growing annuals and short lived perennials in the field. Greenhouse/tunnel house growing will not be included.
- Why have a flower growing business?
- Potential flower customers, and how to grow for them
- Marketing: direct, social media
- What do the numbers look like? Factors to consider to build a sustainable business
- Types & varieties of flowers suitable for cutting
- Tools, equipment, infrastructure investments
- Growing practices: looking after and improving your soil
- Pest and disease management
- Harvest and post harvest techniques for maximum quality
- Making market and simple retail bouquets, including basic wrapping techniques
$775. This includes all materials, morning tea, and lunch for three days.
Numbers are limited in this workshop in order to maintain a quality experience.
Minimum numbers also apply to this workshop. If workshop is cancelled due to numbers, those enrolled will be given a full refund. No responsibility for other bookings (e.g. accommodation, travel) will be undertaken by Nourish Gardens.
Please note: Before you enrol in a workshop or event, please make sure you are comfortable with, and agree with, our cancellation policy. It has been updated due to Covid-19.